Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My DD will kill me but i had to share.

I found this poem on the desk top I love it! I am so proud of her she is such an awesome writer.

The Rain Dance By laurel Jefferies

The clear droplets pour down around me
Steam rises as it hits the ground
A smell so profound
It washes the world clean
The cool rain falls around me
Wetting me to the core
I look up and move my arms
I spin then dip close to the ground
Water gathers around my feet
I leap and it splashes my face
The water falls back around me

6 comments:

Shanna Blythe said...

Laurel ROCKS!! Tell her hi for me!

Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C. Michelle Jefferies said...

I will...isn't she awesome?

If only I was as great of a writer at her age... One diference was there were very few computers when I was in school and I never really learned to type. (boy does that date me... my dad had a TRS 80) No one could read my writing b/c I am lefthanded.


I am a much better typer now even if I don't use the right fingers. :)

See you next week Michelle

Pendragon Inman said...

wow.... that was totally cool. Lolo, you should so write more. It's beautiful little sis!

Laurel said...

Mom! How could you! Just kidding I love you. :)

Thank you Paulette and Shanna. I wasn't done with it though. I just wanted to try my hand at some poetry. It was raining the day I wrote it, and I ALWAYS get awesome inspiration when it rains. In fact I am at my best when it rains. :)

Laurel

Unknown said...

Beautiful poem, great imagery.