Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sorrow......

I just found out yesterday that my neice, my brothers little girl has leukemia. It leaves me so speechless. I don't know what to say except that I'm heartbroken for my neice, her parents and their other two boys. She was hospitalized a few days ago and was diagnosed with Acute Mylelogenous Leukemia yesterday. By friday she had recieved numerous blood draws two marrow samples, and surgery for a shunt in her chest. Today was her first chemotherapy treatment.

I can't imagine what my brother and wife are feeling or thinking at this moment. This will be a 4-5 yr. intense experience that they are just begining. Not to mention that the ramifications are life long. I read that 75% of those with AML reach complete remission. I want to focus on the 75% but that 25% looms so huge in my head.

If you are so inclined, please offer a prayer to the Almighty in their behalf. I know we would all appreciate it.

No comments: