Monday, February 18, 2008

I won an award.

Not just a blog award, (Sorry that sounds really bad.... I love blogger awards too BLUSH!!!!) but an actual story writing contest award. I took third place in the DragonCommet short story contest for the LTUE conference I missed. I am so psyched!!!!! I worked so hard on that story. Here is the official email.

DragonComet/Odyssey Winners:


Adult Story:
First Place: Suzanne Vincent, Reluctant Prophet
Second Place: Kenneth D. Lee, Afterlife
Third Place: C. Michelle Jefferies, Broken

9-12th Grade Student Story:
First Place: Ashley Nuccitelli,
Second Place: Lindsey Maxon, Miss Minerva Clark


5-8th Grade Student Story:
First Place: Laurel Jefferies, Storm Master
Second Place: Mariah Smith, Genie?
Third Place: Reece Paghe, Rownik and Dingo go to the Future
Honorable Mention: Michael Fisk, The Secret of Brighton Ski Resort
Honorable Mention: Olivia Hoddy, The Journey to the Castle

Yeah that is my daughter I am so proud of her! First place!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Suzanne Vincent said...

Dear Michelle,

Wow!! I hope you are doing well, and so sorry you missed a great conference.

Maybe we can get together next year.

Suzanne Vincent

Autumn Ables said...

WOW! What a wonderful compliment. Especially since your daughter won an award as well. Very cool!

Thanks for coming over to my blog and saying hi. I'm happy to know you'll be at Storymakers and Boot Camp, too! I look forward to meeting ya. ;)

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

Suzanne, Thanks and congratulations on first place. I'd like to see your story if you dont mind. Yeal I'm going to next years conference even i have to have my DH drive me. :)

Autumn, I'll keep my eye out for you. It'll be nice to "see" the people i have gotten to know online.

Michelle

Shanna Blythe said...

Wohoo!! Big CONGRATS!

Suzanne Vincent said...

I'd be happy to send you my story. email me at S_Vincent@q.com.

And did autumn say you're going to Boot Camp? Like, Orson Scott Card's Literary Boot Camp?

Another big congrats is in order. I went in 2005. It was life changing!

Are you also involved at Hatrack's writer's workshop? My tag is djvdakota over there, but I don't hang out there much anymore.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Suzanne

Suzanne Vincent said...

Oops! My mistake. I checked out the LDS Storymaker site after reading autumn's post. I'd never heard of Storymaker or their bootcamp. Sounds awesome.

Anyway, if you want to read more after reading Reluctant Prophet I've republished the first story I sold (it's out of virtual print now) on my blog-- http://nightingalescage.blogspot.com/

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

Shanna thanks blush!

Suznne, it is the LDS boot camp but I'd like to go to both orsons and Dave wolvertons too sometime.

I am on hatrack i was I am Destiny but i am now destiny revised. but i mostly read....
Michelle

Tristi Pinkston said...

Way to go, Michelle and daughter!!

Michelle said...

Thanks Tristi. :)

Laurel said...

:) I WON TOO!!!!!!! :) hehehehe I love you mom GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!