My wonderful friend Tristi is releasing a new series of mysteries, and to kick the whole thing off she is playing a game of online Clue. So follow the instructions below to find out who done it, where they did it, and with what. The prize is awesome so follow the clues to find out what happened and get entered in the drawing!
To celebrate the release of my new book, "Agent in Old Lace," I'm holding the coolest contest I've ever held! Because the book is a mystery novel, I'm sending you on a scavenger hunt all over the Internet. There are three sets of clues on sixteen websites. First, you must find them all. Then, you must arrange them into groups (they are labeled 1, 2, and 3 - that part's not so mysterious). Then you must decide what they are referring to. Remember the game "Clue," where you discovered that the culprit was Miss Scarlet, in the library, with the rope? You, too, must figure out who did it, where, and with what.
After you have obtained these clues, send me your answer at tristi AT tristipinkston.com with "contest" in the subject line. All correct answers will be entered into a drawing. And what does the lucky winner receive for all their hard work? A pretty cool prize!
This package contains a popcorn bowl, three flavors of popcorn, a $25.00 gift card to Blockbuster, and a copy of "Agent in Old Lace."
Are you all set to go? Are you rarin' to get ready?
Here are your clues. Each of the bloggers listed below can be found in the sidebar of my blog, either under the "If I'm Not Home, You Can Find Me Here" heading, or the "Or You Might Find Me Here" heading. You may need to do a little clicking and scrolling, but hey, to the victor go the spoils ... or, to the victor goes the cool prize.
1. This blogger raises chickens and wrote "Lemon Tart."
2. This blogger runs marathons and wrote "Parenting the Ephraim's Child."
3. This blogger is a political activist and wrote "Out of the Shadows ... Into the Light."
4. This blogger makes pottery and wrote "False Pretenses."
5. This blogger was raised in a drug store and wrote "The Forgotten Warrior."
1. This blogger was born overseas and wrote "Reasonable Doubt."
2. This blogger used to live in England and wrote "Please, No Zits."
3. This blogger wrote a darling picture book about Down Syndrome and is the author of "Heaven Scent."
4. This blogger is a former publisher and is the assistant manager at Provident Book.
5. This blogger feels like toast and wrote "The Santa Letters."
"With What" Clues:
1. This blogger founded ANWA and wrote "Trail of Storms."
2. This blogger is a seminary teacher and wrote "Powerful Tips for Powerful Teachers."
3. This blogger is addicted to peanut butter cups and wrote "Shadow of the Crown."
4. This blogger is a Whitney Award winner and wrote "Counting Stars."
5. This blogger is a nurse and wrote "Sharing Through Song."
6. This blogger is the Utah Best in State Award winner for Fiction, 2007, and wrote "Tower of Strength."
Okay! You've been given your directions. Visit the designated blogs and look for your clues. Your clues will be marked with this symbol:
You may need all the clues in that category to pinpoint the information you need. You have until May 30th at midnight send me an e-mail with your guess as to who, where, and with what. You can piece it all together by using the Internet as your guide. A hint ... on the "what," the first two clues tell you what brand, the second two clues tell you what kind, and the last clues tell you what item.
And if all that wasn't cool enough ... check this out. I'm doing the launch party for my book at Provident Book in Pleasant Grove on June 6th. Come hang out with me!
If you would like to preorder a copy of "Agent in Old Lace," click here.