Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When Hearts Conjoin by Erin Marie Herrin with Lu Ann Brobst Staheli


I will begin by saying that I am not a normal non-fiction reader. I use my reading time as escapism. But when the opportunity came along to read this book I was facinated and asked to do a book review. I was not expecting such a heart pulling experience.

The story that is told by Erin is a rich, well writen, sometimes heart wrenching, sometimes heart warming story of the Herrin Twins. Who were born conjoined at the chest. One of the things I liked was the story wasn't just about the twins, it was about Erin and her husbands life. We wern't thrown into a marriage with the diagnosis of the twins problems. By the time we heard about the twins diagnosis that fateful day in the ultrasound room we were allready invested in thier lives. I liked that Erin was honest about it, that the problems in her life were not sugar coated for the sake of the story.

I read the book in one evening I was not able to put it down I was so completely wrapped up in it. The story is well told and well writen. Lu Ann or Erin correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the proceeds of the sale of this book will go to the twins medical expenses. I am very impressed and will be sharing, and recomending this book to lots of other people. Well done.

You can find it here.

Or, to find more information about Lu Ann go here.

No comments: