Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The joys of late night typos.


Okay so it's late (11:33)and I am working on my book. I am typing a scene while I am on the phone with my best friend who is allready blaming me for her derailment of her writing career.

So I go back and read what I wrote and this is what I saw.

". . . He wore a satin costume in red and black, his long black hair was braided down his back. ( oh. . . that sounds bad. . .I sound like Dr Seus!) A small secondary brain was tucked behind his left ear." The word was supposed to be BRAID.

I started laughing so hard I couldn't even tell her what was wrong. Then it took forever to fix it because we were laughing so hard.

I guess the lesson is unless you want to fix some really weird typos, dont write after ten.

6 comments:

Pendragon Inman said...

GO TO BED BEFORE YOU KILL US BOTH!
:)

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

What? but I am ahving so much fun! goodnight.

Anonymous said...

Now, I think the secondary brain thing might just add an interesting flair to the character - maybe you should leave it in...

Shanna Blythe said...

I'm with Wendy--I like the idea of the brain!

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

Noble has a secondary brain it is called MAT via the com chip and retinal display. :) LOL

I keep thinking of what kind of damage could be inflicted on a brian without protection. :)

Tristi Pinkston said...

You know, in your story, that brain might work.

And I want one too, so once you figure out how to do it, send one over this way!