Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Little Funny. . . .

So I am writing Latent, a MS for Nanwrimo and I am still editing Emergence. My "editor" is a wonderful friend who is helping me with my MS Emergence. This person is amazing and I learn things everytime I work with them.

Well I am sitting at my computer yesterday and I was writing about a sub character ordering pizza. As the scene closed, I wrote about the character taking the pizza box from the delivery guy and placing it on the coffee table. In the back of my head I hear my "editor" ask: "did he pay for the pizza or did he steal it? Please clarify."

After I laughed for a while I went back and added that he placed it on the coffee table after he paid for it.

Now I not only have characters in my head, my editor is in there too. At least they're wonderful company.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, now that's just funny. Our heads get pretty crowded, don't they?

Teri said...

Now, your not supposed to be editing in NaNo are you? ;) I wouldn't be able to resist either. It makes things so much more calm in my head if I just comply to the whatever the nagging voice is telling me!