Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have created a monster. . .


Authors note. . . I am at post 191. I'll have to do something next month to celebrate 200 posts.

As I sit in the darkened lab, I mean office, and concoct, I mean write, my books I have done something dastardly wrong.

I have created a monster.

I took an old story and twisted it into something new and exciting. Something my readers are saying they can't finish because it pulls too much emotional response if they are living a stressful life. OR they think they know what's going to happen and don't want to know if they are right. OR they call me screaming and panting and tell me I'm an idiot for putting a paragraph of exposition in the middle of an action scene.

Emergence IS the best thing I have ever written. My readers confirm what I see myself. Emergence might be THAT book that gets me published. It is fast paced, full of action scenes, interesting characters, a deep and conflicted main character, and a plot that rocks thanks to my friend Paulette.

I have created a monster. Why you ask? Because now everything after this must be as good or people won't like the rest of the books in the series. Talk about setting a high standard for myself.

Well, I think I'll just go down to my lab, I mean office, and concoct, I mean write another story as good as emergence. Hopefully.

4 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Wow, sounds like quite the story. You rock!

Pendragon Inman said...

love the picture :) Can i name the monsters in the picture for you??

bwahahhaha
N, D, and A :)

Pendragon Inman said...

compliments of W, R, and D of course :P

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

N D A would like to thank W R D for the compliment. N says wait and I'll get my bat and thank you.