Okay I told you that I had to cut 77 pages, I was wrong—so very, very wrong. I have a tendency to mess up numbers so I transposed or just plain messed up. I had to cut 135 pages. But I did it. So now I have a 474 version and a 349 pg version. I had to cut a lot of fluff, but I feel that the story is still consistent.
However, that is not the reason for this post.
I have signed up for another Book in a month challenge. The idea is to get you rear end in a chair and just write. Seeing that with DD 1 finished to the point of submission and sitting here trying not to go crazy as two editors look at my MS. I decided it was time to really dig my claws into Awaiting (DD 2). I am excited to really get into Awaiting, it is in Dominion Days protagonists wife’s voice. It follows her through some serious trials. The plot is restructured and solid, and I feel really good about it.
So July will be DD2 month. Who knows I might have a pretty good rewrite done by summers end.