Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The little story that could

So I had this idea a long time ago to write a book using faries as the MC's. I'd dreamed about it for a long time, ever since my daughter was little. (She's now 18.) For a long time I felt I wasn't capable of writing anything that was worth publishing, but that's another story. Back to the faries. I remember as a child being enthralled by the gnome book my grandmother had. I thought it was so cool to detail out a life lived by somone else. I remember reading that book every time I visited. So as I grew up and tried writing then put it away for years that story idea and the things that prompted it never went away.

Fast forward to now. Still dwelling on the fairy idea but with a new drive and message. (teaching manners to children in a fun way)I pitched it at last years Publishers Mix and Mingle. I got three yes's and two said that they weree looking for something similar. I sat down after many long months of research and testing and wrote Enchanted Etiquette. It was during that process that I realized that there needed to be a book for boys too and started searching for the perfect "medium" for a boys book. With the help of some friends I not only got the boys idea hammered out I found a name for the girls book and had it edited.

So now Enchanted Etiquette is in the hands of my editor and is being discussed. There's a chance that this little idea started when I was just a young mother with tiny babies will become more than one book.

I can't express how blessed I feel in regards to my career as a newly soon to be published author has been. It pays to be determined and stick to your guns. We'll talk about that later.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yay, Michelle! Ican't wait to get Enchanted Ettiquette for my little girl.