Saturday, March 5, 2011

Life calls the shots


I often describe myslf as a "write at home mom". I stay home with my seven (now six) kids and try to make writing a career. However this year and the last, life is the one who has been controling me instead of me controling it. Sometimes we just have to sit back keep our arms and legs inside the car at all times and enjoy the ride. Sometimes its rushing past so fast that I blink and a week has gone by. My baby turned SEVEN months yesterday. Where did SEVEN bloody months go? How did I let that time pass and not make an serious effort to document it or remember the details.

This week has seen me watch my oldest son pack his room and move to his grandparents, and my daughter prepare and go to her junior prom. I've had no time to write or do anything but doggie paddle to keep my head above water. You know the old addage that ducks make it look easy but under neath the calm feathered appearence they are swimming like mad. Yeah I am a duck.

I hope sometime soon I can stand up when the rollercoaster car comes to a stop and get off the ride. The lyrics from Drive by Incubus keep rolling through my head. "When I drive myself my live is found." For now please enjoy the lovely picture of my daugher.

3 comments:

Charmaine Clancy said...

Life doesn't slow down - squeeze in some time for you.
:)

Canda said...

7 months--17 years--it all goes too fast, but roller coasters usually do. That's why they are worth the ride. Yeah, hang on, but let you hands fly up and scream a little too on the wild parts. Enjoy!

Shari said...

She's beeeeautiful! I can't believe she's grown up so much. Just keep swimming . . . or paddling.