Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The method of motivation.

I have a lot of things going this year. I'll have two books released as well as a short story in a Christmas anthology. I am also in various stages of writing and editing other works in progress.
Yet some days I can't seem to stay off facebook.
It's not that I don't have plenty of ideas to write or projects to do. I have tons of story ideas begging to be written and projects in various stages of done-ness.
It's just that things like facebook and Pinterest and other social media is so shiny!
I have a whiteboard right next to my desk with all my projects listed and their level of completion. I try to have certain hours where I work and do writerly things. Some days I think I'm more distractible than others.
How does everyone else do it? How do you stay motivated?

No comments: