Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One thing I dislike . . .


About e-publishing.

This book Modern Sorcery by Gary Jonas is available in e-format now but not in paperback until October. Now before you get you panties in a bunch let me tell you why.

I don't have a kindle, nook, iPad etc. I just can't afford the $150-800 price tag. I'm not trying to make you feel bad for me I have made decisions about where my disposable income goes and admittedly it usually goes to writers conferences, and this year a new laptop that was desperately needed.

I could buy it and download it onto my laptop, but my eyes are getting older and I don't want to strain them any more than I do with my writing.

I don't dislike e-publishing, if that is what floats your boat, then go for it. I guess I'm old fashioned and like my old paper books better.

But remember this. If I want to read your book and I can't get it when I am thinking about purchasing it, I will probably forget about your book by the time its available in hard copy and you have lost a sale.

No comments: