Monday, May 9, 2011

Conference thoughts

I wish i could tell you what is going through my mind right now. the conference was so awesome and in someways it was felt and can't be written down.

If you are a writer and are near SLC in the spring you NEED to be here. I learned so much from every class.

One thing I learned from David Farland was that he takes a walk with his sweetheart every day and talks to her about his ideas and stuff. How cool is that? He also says its important to get daily exercise so his body works right and he can write.

I learned from Julie Coulter Belon how important setting is to the story. That is a place where i seriously lack skills. I need to work on setting.

I am also going to keep in contact with my friends this time i let them just fade away last year. not this time. It's my friends that buoy me up and cheer me on and keep me going. I love them a ton.

Just thought you'd like to know.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I've started to wind down, but you've got me feeling all excited again. Woo Hoo!

Angie said...

So good to see you! I had a great time too. I like that about David Farland and his wife.